Jessica's tidbits from the year 2020
Facts about me
I'm not putting much identifying info here because I'm pretty sure this site is indexed by the "major internet search engines" I write as if the whole internet isn't just one big monopoly.
Thing: This is where I might write about a thing.
I flossed everyday this year!! Can you believe it? I can't. It was my only goal and I fucking did it.
Paraeducators are paid too little.
Favorite things from 2020
Here are some things I liked this year. They're mostly free and mostly in no particular order.
- Favorite Song: Think about things (fun)
- Favorite live cam: Monteray Bay Jelly Cam
- Favorite life hack: weekly vitamin organizer thingy. It's so fun to fill it up and it makes it way easier to remember to take vitamins everyday. I have one that looks like this but maybe you want a fancy one that looks like this
- Favorite mental health hack: DON'T BE ON TWITTER. I'm not on twitter. It's genuinely great! Recommend.
- Favorite TV show: Grand Designs - a British show about self-building - very soothing
- Favorite Movie: Little Women
- Favorite Documentary: All in this Tea
- Favorite Tea: Hao Ya Keemun from Mem Tea, my local tea shop
- Favorite Internet game: Mackerelmedia Fish where do I even find this stuff?
- Favorite Book: In Maybe You Should Talk to Someone, a therapist describes the personal journeys of her patients and also, wait for it, HERSELF!! But seriously, it's good, I cried through like the whole thing. Plus, the voyeurism of watching other people go to therapy is top notch.
- And finally, an anti-recommendation: health apps, like period trackers, are selling your information. DELETE DELETE DELETE
Yeah so I needed a separate instagram catagory. This list is STRICTLY ranked by OBJECTIVE criteria by the IMPARTIAL judge.
- Second runner up
- @a.mineral.a.day - self-explanatory - informative!
- First runner up
- @tricky.chicks - women/femmes juggling + occational feminist commentary
- @plantkween - because 2020 was the year of the houseplant
Honorable mentions: @alpacasofinstagram, @alfie_the_alpaca_in_adelaide