Jessica's tidbits from the year 2020
Facts about me
As of 30May2020, I am still living in Somerville, MA. Still loving it! I'm working from home full time due to COVID-19. Looking to buy a house. Loving my Michael.
Travel: I didn't do much traveling this year, for obvious reasons, but we did make it to Maine (in January, no less!) to see Michael's friend Will. I also went to Brattleburo, VT for Rope Meeting - check it out on IG #ropemeeting.
I flossed everyday this year!! Can you believe it? I can't. It was my only goal and I fucking did it.
Paraeducators are paid too little.
Favorite things from 2020
Here are some things I liked this year. They're mostly free. Fuck you, Oprah.
- Favorite IG: @tricky.chicks for your daily dose of women juggling
- Favorite life hack: weekly vitamin organizer thingy. It's so full to fill it up and it makes it way easier to remember to take vitamins everyday. I have one that looks like this but maybe you want a fancy one that looks like this
- Favorite mental health life hack: DON'T BE ON TWITTER. I'm not on twitter. It's genuinely great! Recommend.
- Favorite TV show: Succession - it's really good!
- Favorite Movie: Little Women
- Favorite Documentary: All in this Tea
- Favorite Tea: Red Jade GABA Oolong from Mem Tea, my local tea shop
- Favorite Internet game: Mackerelmedia Fish where do I even find this stuff?
- Favorite Book: In Maybe You Should Talk to Someone, a therapist describes the personal journeys of her patients and also, wait for it, HERSELF!! But seriously, it's good, I cried through like the whole thing. Plus, the voyeurism of watching other people go to therapy is top notch.
- And finally, an anti-recommendation: health apps, like period trackers, are selling your information. DELETE DELETE DELETE
Did you know how complicated internet browsers are and how it's a real problem? I didn't, but now I do.
This fiddle website is a real throwback. I listened to a fiddle livestream with Mandy early in the pandemic. I think this website inspired me most to make my own!
- Roadside Wildflowers At Full Speed requires little additional comment
A pretty good poem
This AI turns your photo into an oil painting. It's pretty fun!
You can text SF MOMA at 572-51 with the words "send me" and it'll send you back a work of art.